6 November 2011

Review: Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel, by Cassandra Clare
Series: The Infernal Devices, book 1 of 3
Genre: YA, Urban Fantasy, Steampunk, Sci-fi
Published: August 2010
Pages: 476
My Rating:



Wow... Cassandra Clare is an excellent writer who takes her readers seriously, for a change. Despite the more challenging use of words, the book is still an 'easy' read. Meaning: it captures you. It captures you inside a beautifully created world, a very thought-through fantasy-world. A world I would love to love in. (Steampunkian Victorian England)
It's obvious she's done her research, getting many details right. Details that make the story more realistic and alive. About the way people from different classes (not) were supposed to 'socialize', for example.
The characters are great, I like the way you get more information about them while you're reading. I like the mysterie that surrounds some characters, still. I like it in a painful way even, now I'm left to hang here waiting for the sequel 'Clockwork Prince', extremely curious about someone's intentions at the end of the book. I am DYING to know what's gonna happen next. I love most of the characters, I've begun to know them like friends and I wanna stay in their world. I'm desperate to find out the real deal about Tessa.I really lived inside Tessa's world, seeing what she saw, feeling what she felt. I regret leaving now. I really do.

The book was action-packed, everything described very well so you felt like you were participating in the action. (I for one would love to see this translated to the big screen, it truely deserves a movie!) The story was well-written and well told, the plot had some nice twists, the characters developed throughout the story and were easy to sympathize with. I loved the variations in supernatural beings residing in Tessa's world and the original ideas regarding some of those supernatural 'things'. (Unlike some authors who stray from the 'original' fantasy in a ridiculous, unbelievable manner, like the creation of sparkly vampires...)

Don't read this if you don't want to be left behind yearning to find out the truth, the lies, the past and the future. Just don't.

Enjoy your day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're amazing, thanx for your input! :)