5 November 2011

Review: Torment

Torment, by Lauren Kate.
Series: Fallen, book 2 of 4
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal, Sci-fi, Romance
Published: September 2010
Pages: 452
My Rating:


After what seemed like an eternity of waiting for the sequel to 'Fallen' ('Torment') to get published, I finally got to know what would happen next to Lucinda and Daniel.
What I liked about this sequel was the different setting from the first book. Even though I could totally sympathize with Luce in the dreary environment of 'Fallen', 'Torment's' setting was refreshing. The sunny school for Nephilim felt lighter somehow.

I liked reading how Luce discovered her 'powers' (don't want to give too much away) and made new friends, who didn't appear to be all that friendly at first. On one side she was pining and aching for Daniel, she still took matters in her own hands. Even if she didn't know how. Which may have been stupid, but I can relate to those kinds of actions ;)

Most of all I liked where the ending was going (again the epic battle here... amongst her poor, unsuspecting family and friends), it made me very curious for 'Passion'!


Have a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're amazing, thanx for your input! :)